Monday, September 29, 2008

four months old


Whitney turned four months old on September 29th. This age is so much fun - full of smiles and interaction (but not mobile...yet)! What a JOY!
  • Continues to love her hands - you can find them in her mouth at all times or clasped together. Holds toys, rings and blankets and puts them directly in her mouth as well. Sticks out her tongue and is a pro drooler.
  • Enjoys her jumperoo (although we need to put a blanket underneath so her feet touch the ground). Mainly enjoys the animal sounds and the toys surrounding her more than jumping at this point.
  • Sits with us in her highchair at the dinner table.
  • Smiles all the time with an occasional giggle.
  • Grabs hair and shirts when being held.
  • Rolls from tummy to back. Still working on back to tummy - so close!
  • Transitioned recently to formula. Close to holding the bottle herself (pushed mom's hand away the other day - as if to say "I'm a big girl, mom - I can do this myself!")
  • She is still a great sleeper - goes to be around 8:30pm and sleeps all night.
  • Spends her days with Becky, Tommy and Sophia (will be with them through the end of the year). They enjoy playing "SO BIG", Whitney in the mirror, lots of tummy time, going for walks, trips with the girls to Target while Tommy is at preschool, photo shoots and much, much more. They are truly wonderful to her.
  • Curious and loves to look around when being held outward or in her stroller.
  • Least favorite thing is getting dressed - especially getting her "jellies" (pajamas) on at night.
  • We continue to call her "Nutty", "Mayor" and "Birdie"
  • Lots of interaction. Pete and I think she was imitating us saying "uh oh" the other day!
  • Hubert continues to wonder why he isn’t the baby anymore, loves to lick her feet, sit outside her room (especially if she is crying and trying to soothe herself to sleep), and chew on her socks when we are folding laundry. Should be interesting when she becomes mobile! We are so proud of Hubie - ever since I returned to work after maternity leave, he stays home all day with the run of the house (no more crate) and has been such a good dog (knock on wood)!

1 comment:

martha said...

Whitney looks so cute and I love seeing her in Peter's sweater. I remember seeing him wear that.

I can't believe she is already four months old.

Love,
Aunt Martha