Thursday, February 14, 2008

punch in the mouth on valentine's day

Happy Valentine's Day!

Wishing all our loved ones the very best.

We enjoyed a nice dinner at home tonight with Punch Pizza - our favorite. Many thanks to Mark & Elizabeth for a great Valentine's dinner!

Emily had the "Mimi" with cut fresh tomato, basil, mozzarella and extra virgin olive oil. Pete had the "Siciliana" pizza with prosciutto, artichoke, picholine olive and basil. Great combination of flavors, and always fresh ingredients. Punch Pizza (http://www.punchpizza.com/)


The Siciliana paired nicely with the Louis Latour burgundy (2002) from the Marsannay appellation. Although not as famous of an appellation as others in Burgundy ("Bourgogne"), it is a decent example of "old world" pinot noir from the famous Burgundy region. For notes on this wine, go to http://winophiles.blogspot.com/.


Thanks for the comment, Mindy. Yes, I should have added the picture of the valentine I made Pete (thanks to the art supplies Mindy brought to work) from his three valentines (me, Hubert and Baby W).

1 comment:

a+m+a+m said...

um, where is the picture of the homemade Valentine that you made for Pete? I definitely think you need to post that too! ;)