HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY!
I apologize for the delay in posting. The past few weeks have brought smiles and tears to our family and I haven't been sure as to the best words to type about the day Whitney turned two.
As I was setting up for her party with her friends in the park, I received a call from my mom that my beloved grandma passed away. I had been with her quite a bit the week before and wasn't sure if we should still host Whitney's party or not, but I know my grandma would have wanted us to have it. On the previous Monday, she told me how much she wished she could be at Whitney's party to sit and watch the kids play. I truly believe "Da" was there to watch them...and a few balloons flew away to reach her. Click here: Grandma Mary, to read her obituary, a tribute to our greatest cheerleader.
Whit definitely understood that her birthday was a special day - she had a blast singing the Happy Birthday song, talking about her birthday party, enjoying cupcakes and playing with balloons.
There is absolutely nothing better than children to put a smile on your face when you need it the most. Thank you to Whitney for putting smiles on our faces for two years and especially in the weeks following your birthday. You are truly the joy in our lives.
We love you.













No comments:
Post a Comment