Friday, December 18, 2009

catching up

I apologize for the recent lag in posting...here are a few updates:
Whitney turned 18 months old on November 29th! She had her 18 month doctor appointment in early December and all is well. She weighs 27 lbs 10 oz and her height is 33 1/2 inches. Her height and head remain in the 90th percentile (we know which one she gets from her dad).
She has been chatting non-stop (between tantrums) and picks up new words everyday. Last week when I arrived to pick her up at daycare, her teacher was anxious to tell me that she spoke a full sentence..."Whose shoes are these?"...and then proceeded to answer her own question..."Sophie's" I have to say it was a pretty proud moment. Other than working on communicating, her favorite things are books and babies.
Last Friday, Pete and I attended my holiday work party:
(yes, it was an ugly holiday sweater theme and Pete didn't find it necessary to partipate)
The next morning we went to pick up Whitney from a sleepover at grandma and grandpa's - and helped them pick out a Christmas tree:
Anxious to try hot cocoa for the first time:


YUM!


Looks good - let's bring it inside!


Last night we attended family night at her daycare. It was fun for her to show us her favorite things and play dress up:





No comments: