We enjoyed a nice Father's Day on Sunday. Pete went for a long bike ride in the morning and then we went to my parent's house for an (indoor) BBQ. My Aunt Martha and Uncle Erno were visiting from California and the niece of my Aunt Molly and Uncle Paco was in America for the first time from Spain. Pete brushed up on his Spanish and we all enjoyed the afternoon!
There are many reasons why Pete is a great dad. This was his second Father's Day, but like he said on Sunday, this year seemed a bit more real than last year. I will never forget the smile on his face on the day Whitney was born - it was the most genuine smile I had ever seen on anyone. I love that when he says goodnight to her each night he always tell her "I love you very much"...never forgetting the "very" part!
Below is a picture of Pete getting Hubert used to his bed again...we had it tucked away downstairs after he had chewed it a long time ago and he wasn't so sure about it this weekend, until Pete showed him that it was okay.

Happy Father's Day to our dads, too! Pete, Whitney and I are so fortunate to have you!














No comments:
Post a Comment